PDA

View Full Version : Sonnax is on.....

....and I like it. Didn't really make the shifts firmer as much as they seem to be faster now. Seems like there is less lag in the shift. So for the price it was worth it and install is less than 5 minutes. All in all, I feel like it was a pretty nice little mod.

BAD HABIT
03-14-2011, 06:15 PM
REALLY....hmmmmm, now is this the same one ol dirty john made?....

IDK if it uses the same resistor that he used or not. There was a thread elsewhere that guys were talking about measuring the resistance of the sonnax but I don't think anyone ever did. So it is tough to tell if it would be the same as the ones guys were making or not.

AWE Daniel
03-14-2011, 07:05 PM
I am too scared to mess with my tranny, im afraid its gonna explode if I play with it

I was a little reluctant at first to mess with the transmission but this thing seems to have a lot of positive reviews so I figured what the hell.

NOTPAID4
03-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Very NICE!!!! The predator on my SRT also got rid of the terrible LAG I had at take off and between gears.

The SC made a huge improvement over stock in terms of shifting and now the addition of the Sonnax makes the shifting even better.

OklaHemi
03-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Where did you get it from teach

I got it from Airram. He had them for $50, which is kind of a lot for a resistor but I had a gift cert that I needed to use so I figured why not.

OklaHemi
03-15-2011, 02:16 AM
I a write up that odj had done and weed liked it and I know the homemade power wire works. maybe when I install the vararam ill do it. I hope its warm out tomorrow. I thought about not installing the intake since I already have one on but that thing looks too damn cool I have to

You got to install the vararam. That is a nice looking intake and from what I have read it works well too.

Redtruck-VA
04-09-2011, 08:43 PM
I posted the values on DT a while back, I hate relaying on my memory so I'll look them up before posting. But a quick brief is the Sonnax and Transgo us different methods but get pretty close the same results. The Sonnax resistor is in series with the LP signal to the PCM and the Transgo is in parallel with the LP sensor itself. The differnce being the Sonnax increases pressure across the pressure range the same amount. And the Transgo being parallel increases pressure more on a sliding scale depending on the actual pressure. i thought i had the pieces necessary to install a LP pressure gage yesterday but found out I have the wrong test adaptor. I'll get it sorted out soon.

I am liking the Sonnax more and more every day.

Redtruck-VA
04-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Here is my post from DT with the resistor values.

I'm jumping to conclusions, but IMO line pressure is the main reason so many folks are having clutch failures. The TCM has several inputs to determine the LP.Tuning by pulling fuel often tell the sensors there is less load than what is being generated and this reduces LP, causing slippage. I'm sitting up my AI gage to read LP so I can keep an eye on it to prove myself right or wrong. Transgo and Sonnax both raise LP by altering the LP signal which in my mind is needed. Transgo method is to parallel the LP pressure sensor (rheostat) with a 2.2k resistor. This I believe alters the signal the greatest amount when LP is at it's lowest and tapers off as pressure is increased. Actually pretty sophisticated. Sonnnax uses a 15 ohm resistor in the signal output and alters the signal across it's entire range. I'm thinking a hybrid of the two would work the best. Use a resistor to raise the LP signal a given static amount and then parallel the signal to give greater pressure when the signal is at it's lowest. I'm shooting for 180-190 psig. Any input is welcomed.
Edit: I see no problem in installing both LP resistors an using a tuner.
Good luck...