View Full Version : Hello...my name is Adam and I am gonna pimp my ride...

SmokedRam
03-10-2011, 08:16 PM
not really, but I did get this in the mail today....

What is it you ask?

Well, 5% tint for the doors and backglass on Ruby...and a complete tinting tool kit. If anybody wants to tackle their window tinting needs as a DIY, let me know and you can borrow my tool kit, rather than purchasing your own.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q100/tstewartdepotphotos/bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMFNTTUVEL2ltYWdlanBlZ18yLmpwZw-1.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q100/tstewartdepotphotos/bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMFNTTUVEL2ltYWdlanBlZ18yXzIuanBn.j pg

And a random pic of Ruby from the parking lot at work...

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q100/tstewartdepotphotos/bW1jMi9EQ0lNLzEwMFNTTUVEL1NTUFgwMDA4LmpwZw.jpg

NOTPAID4
03-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Well give 'er He!!, Adam and "GET 'ER DONE!" ~LOL~

(GONNA BE SWEET ~ Wife, Tee, made an appointment to have her windows, windshield and sunroof Tinted either Tues or Weds of next week!)

AWE Daniel
03-10-2011, 09:13 PM
I love my tint, your gonna love yours too

old man
03-10-2011, 09:20 PM
5% is a little dark on the door windows ok for rear plus its illegal on the door windows but it does look good

SmokedRam
03-10-2011, 10:29 PM
5% is a little dark on the door windows ok for rear plus its illegal on the door windows but it does look good

it's only illegal if you get caught...LOL :naughty:

old man
03-10-2011, 10:36 PM
good luck Adam

SmokedRam
03-10-2011, 10:39 PM
It should be okay...seems as though the ony people to pull you over for tint is the FHP and fortunately I do not run across very many of them at all.

Onk
03-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Out of ALL the times I have been pulled over (probably about 20 times in the last year-1/2), I have only received one tint ticket from FHP....

Its extremely unlikely to get a tint ticket...unless you are being an ass to the LEO and just asking for more tickets...lol

car_enthusiast63
03-11-2011, 12:10 AM
I totally agree with Adam, things are only illegal when you get caught lol

It also has alot to do with where you live too, Here in Miami Dade County they dont really miss with you for things like tint (unless your being an idiot) i got one for my front strip being too big actually but that was the icing on the cake for the cop after the 2 others I got, now when it comes to other places (depends where they can be assholes) in Monroe county in the keys, a good friend of minne lived there and he got tickets for tinted tails after second day he had them on, HIDs within a day or 2 as well (they were a deep blue though) train horns too many to even mention, So yea it depends where you live.

BAD HABIT
03-11-2011, 09:32 AM
I rock the 5% and have had zero issues...knock knock

car_enthusiast63
03-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Is it too hard to instal tint? I have 20% and man I wish I would have gone darker, its been years now and I would like to change it, its going bad for some reason, is it too hard to install or is that something better to just have someone do it for you? They have gotten pretty cheap around here

Stealth Mode
03-12-2011, 08:52 AM
I have the 2.5% Presidential on my '86. No cop prob's from the tint, just hard to see threw at night,... And on rainy day's during the day,... And just in general. Lol

Is it too hard to instal tint? I have 20% and man I wish I would have gone darker, its been years now and I would like to change it, its going bad for some reason, is it too hard to install or is that something better to just have someone do it for you? They have gotten pretty cheap around here

I did my own tint and it was not that hard. Just kind of figured it out as I went. The only practice I had before tinting the windows was tinting my tail lights.

car_enthusiast63
03-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Well I have no experience with that what so ever the best I have is putting decals on my window of all sizes, and I'm sure its not as easy as that, well I'll see if one day I do it myself or have someone do it for me, I'm just thinking what a pain it would be to get the ones on there off

RamSport97
03-12-2011, 04:57 PM
I got pulled over and got a warning with 7%. Of course the cops up here have nothing better to do. Running legal tint all the way around now.

SmokedRam
03-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Well I have no experience with that what so ever the best I have is putting decals on my window of all sizes, and I'm sure its not as easy as that, well I'll see if one day I do it myself or have someone do it for me, I'm just thinking what a pain it would be to get the ones on there off

I watched allot of youtube vids explaining the whole process...and it looks super easy. I got a quote from someone to have the backglass and doors done...$180.00 out the door...seems too much to me, so this kit with the tools was less than $40 shipped...

Fla 66 cuda
03-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Adam use lotsa soapy water in a spray bottle get the tint where you want it and squegee from the center out make sure the window is super clean and the tint is exactly where you want it once you start to squegee no turning back.i have done several of my cars and it's not hard but you must be careful not to crease it when you peel off the backing and squegeeing plus i had to do my own cutting and trimming that is the part that sucks.

SmokedRam
03-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks Lou...the tool kit came with some solution to use with water, I didnt want to tackle the trimming part, so I bought computer cut pieces. I was also told to ONLY clean the windows with soapy water prior to tinting and NEVER use glass cleaner...

Fla 66 cuda
03-12-2011, 06:54 PM
That's right the window cleaner will distort the tint i guess it does something to the glue i have to do my drivers door window the tint has gotten all wrinkly can't see thru it any more.

RamSport97
03-12-2011, 09:27 PM
I watched allot of youtube vids explaining the whole process...and it looks super easy. I got a quote from someone to have the backglass and doors done...$180.00 out the door...seems too much to me, so this kit with the tools was less than $40 shipped...

180 dollars?!! There is a shop up here that does it for 85 and you get a lifetime warranty!

SmokedRam
03-12-2011, 09:56 PM
180 dollars?!! There is a shop up here that does it for 85 and you get a lifetime warranty!

Yep, that was with a windshield brow done too, but I wouldnt think it would cost THAT much even still....

SmokedRam
03-13-2011, 02:09 PM
okay, I am conceding to failure on this one, thanks to mother nature needing to make a gust of mother effing wind just as I pulled the tint from it's protective layer, which folded it onto itself...so pissed...so DAMN PISSED

redneckrocket38
03-13-2011, 06:02 PM
If you take some soapy spray and spray the outside of the window to tint, then you lay the tint on backing side out it will suction. Makes pulling the backing off alot easier. Then you can spray the contact side of the tint and transfer it from the outside of the window to the inside.

Fla 66 cuda
03-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Sorry to hear that Adam and RNR38'S idea is a very good one,iv'e had the same thing happen to me pissed is not the word i was.

redneckrocket38
03-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah I did my own and had to do the front pass window like three times. I finally talked to a guy that I work with who does tinting on the side and he showed me all the little tricks. Adam, if you can get the back window done you could go to the parts house and get one roll of some of the better stuff they sell and do the fronts. At least then the fronts would match each other. Its not that hard to trim them yourself.

SmokedRam
03-13-2011, 08:07 PM
I still have the back window film...will try it again next weekend when I have some help around

car_enthusiast63
03-14-2011, 12:20 AM
Damn that crap always happens, it could be a very calm day with no wind but the moment you try to do something such as what your doing Adam the wind blows or worse. That happened to me while I was masking up the truck getting ready to paint it and what happened even worse was that on a clear sunny day a freaking storm came out of nowhere, so Iknow how that feels, it seems to always happen