View Full Version : Brake peddle side to side movement..

VIPR PWR
09-11-2010, 04:48 PM
After owning my ram srt10 for several years ---Today I noticed that the brake peddle has around 1 to 2 inches of side to side movement ---Is this normal on the ram trucks.....I could see nothing out of the ordinary looking under the dash.

03 Rammer
09-12-2010, 10:27 PM
A common problem for our trucks. I believe its something to do with the bushings and sleeve that wears out over time. On certain trucks you can just replace those parts and on ones that have power adjustable etc you have to replace the whole thing or try and fix it yourself.

Mine moves about a half an inch now. We had one truck that came into the shop and had 4inchs of side to side movement. lol

VIPR PWR
12-01-2010, 03:25 PM
A common problem for our trucks. I believe its something to do with the bushings and sleeve that wears out over time. On certain trucks you can just replace those parts and on ones that have power adjustable etc you have to replace the whole thing or try and fix it yourself.

Mine moves about a half an inch now. We had one truck that came into the shop and had 4inchs of side to side movement. lol

Mine has the power adjustable---I pushed the adjustment switch and adusted the pedal and the play went away ... it will return when I adjust it to a certain spot only????

03 Rammer
12-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeap, that true. I've seen a couple that when you adjust them it goes away. The power ones you have to replace the pedal and non-power you can replace just the bushings and sleeve.

OklaHemi
12-01-2010, 07:19 PM
ewww ill have to check mine i have the power as well

12-01-2010, 07:34 PM

4" of side to side, How the hell did he find the pedal?

03 Rammer
12-01-2010, 07:36 PM
4" of side to side, How the hell did he find the pedal?

Yeah Thats basically what I said. It happened after a emergency braking, Called me up told me what happened and I took a look at it. It was still under warrenty so told him to bring it in. The tech had to replace the whole thing because it was power adj.

AParrette
12-02-2010, 10:37 AM
damn i have pwr adj w/o warranty

OklaHemi
12-02-2010, 01:42 PM
i checked mine today and its nice and tight. im the same as you alex but i dont worry about working on our trucks so much. my wife has a 07 tahoe ltz with power everything. that thing scares me. i bought the warranty on it