View Full Version : Doin some thinking

txbass06
03-03-2011, 01:21 AM
After seeing my buddies truck with a break-up camo vinyl on the lower half of his truck, it got me thinking. I'm buying new wheels fairly soon and I can't decide on black or chrome. They'll be 16x10's and something like the soft 8 style wheels.
I've been thinking about having my grill and bumpers wrapped in the same camo vinyl. I think it'll look good on a black truck and there's nobody else I've seen with something like this done. How do y'all think it'll look?

If I do this, I'll definitely go with the black wheels. If not, will still be an option

OklaHemi
03-03-2011, 01:24 AM
ehhhh ummmm wellllll ummmm er i dunno. i never understood the love of camo. black and camo may look good. i guess i would need to see pics, it sounds original

car_enthusiast63
03-03-2011, 01:26 AM
Wow a budy of mine drives an 04 f150 and was telling me how he wants to camo his truck just the other day lol. I say go for it, honestly I think it will look best on a black truck like yours and with black rims even better. My buddy was actually showing me some rims that are camo patern as well I dont remember what site that was.

txbass06
03-03-2011, 01:29 AM
That's the look I'm goin for. I think a color matched grill would look good on my truck, but it's been done. I haven't seen something like this done before anywhere.
I dunno though. Im still on the fence about it. Just looking for some other opinions

The more I think about it the more I think the bumpers may be a little much. Maybe just the grill and color match the bumpers? I'm not a camo fanatic by any means lol. I could've gotten my leveling kit and shocks in a camo print but didn't lol.

Onk
03-03-2011, 01:30 AM
Do it!!!

car_enthusiast63
03-03-2011, 01:32 AM
Yea I get you, its all about trying to do something different and going after something that hasnt been done before, thats what really makes your truck one of a kind, well just to be sure you want to do it I say do what I always do, google search and see if it has been done, and if it has you can have more or less an idea how it would look, but honestly I say go for it!!

txbass06
03-03-2011, 02:02 AM
Had a buddy suggest this scheme. Color matched bumpers, camo grill and a camo bed stripe with some kind of decal (rams head, 360 c.i. Or something along those lines)

OklaHemi
03-03-2011, 02:03 AM
see if johnny can do a little ps work for you.

NOTPAID4
03-03-2011, 02:15 AM
Sounds like an interesting Idea and sounds different!

txbass06
03-03-2011, 02:26 AM
I've got to get some better pics of the truck. Hopefully I'll have time after it gets a good fukken tomorrow before work

txbass06
03-03-2011, 03:14 AM
How about some camo rallye stripes that run from tailgate through the cross bars in the grill with a rams head incorporated into them?

redneckrocket38
03-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Sounds like a good idea but I personally think the wheels wold look awesome in camo too. You could get them dipped in liquid camo, hell you coild even have the grill done that way too. That shit is awesome stuff. Check it out http://liquidcamo.com/

txbass06
03-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Hmm.... I might see if I can't find a straight grill shell around here and send it off to them. If I don't like it, I've still got mine lol

car_enthusiast63
03-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Thats true, and yea I do think camo rims would fit better, and sounds like a good idea with the stripe, I say go for it dude!! The ram head you can maybe incorporate onto the hood in a camo? Just play around with it a bit, maybe ps some camo on the truck to see where exactly to put it or what pattern you like the best, but deffinitely I say do the camo theme on the truck I think it would look great

car_enthusiast63
03-03-2011, 02:03 PM

How about something like that? But also doing the front and rear bumpers and maybe the rims? IMO it would look much better on a black truck like yours