PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting another diesel, yes another one!!!

03 Rammer
03-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Only this time a 06+ Volkswagon Jetta TDI. :pedobear:

WHY YOU ASK?????

Well the jaw droping MPGs, power, dependablilty, and BLACK SMOKE !!! lol

*Among other varies reasons :)

My dad used to have an 03 Jetta Volkwagon TDI Manual, that thing had some ballz, not to mention 49+mpgs

The newer ones are getting about 42+mpgs

The lucky driver will be the "Wifey". Hopefully we can get her out of her marshmello 99 Nissan Sentra.

Just need to find one at a GREAT price or get one through work. :)

car_enthusiast63
03-01-2011, 11:53 PM
I say you should get her a diesel ram like yours lol, but I will say nothing beats those mpgs especially running on diesel

03 Rammer
03-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Yeah I've thought about getting her a ram but the mileage of a 1500 keeps me away and the repair bills and price of parts on 2 diesel rams keeps me away from that aswell.

Not to mention I'm currently putting brakes and rotors on my truck that was just about over 400 bucks times that by two....OUCH

Believe me it would be HOTT if she drove one just not practical or saving us any money.

:)

03 Rammer
03-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Not to mention, mine is paid for and only cost me about 310 bucks a month to drive. ;)

car_enthusiast63
03-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Yea for sure, all those things deffinitely play an important role in all that, cause then you have the payments of the new truck which would be more than the vw plus the less mpgs and like you siad everything else as well, I get you though bro, its still pretty damn sweet to have her driving a diesel as well though!! even if it isnt a truck lol

03 Rammer
03-02-2011, 12:09 AM
Yea for sure, all those things deffinitely play an important role in all that, cause then you have the payments of the new truck which would be more than the vw plus the less mpgs and like you siad everything else as well, I get you though bro, its still pretty damn sweet to have her driving a diesel as well though!! even if it isnt a truck lol

Yeah I think Im hooked on diesel cars/trucks for life lol They have so many advantages to gas cars IMHO. And of course some disadvantages, but few.

Hopefully if we find one that fits the budget etc, I will be able to do some mods to it like tint, small lowering kit nothing major, programmer, CAI and exhaust. And if all possible some GTI wheels too.

Just getting back into the VW world though, but I should be able to hit close to 50mpgs with some of those mods. :naughty:

car_enthusiast63
03-02-2011, 12:14 AM
With gas prices going up lately and diesel as well that right there sounds amazing lol, I will say I havent owned a diesel truck yet but sure as hell is a dream of mine, I'm a sucker for diesel for some reason, my dream truck is a lifted diesel Ram, I want hopefully a 4th gen or 5th if its out by when I graduate and get a good paying job

I say go for it if the budget permits, that would be a damn sweet ride for the wife IMO

03 Rammer
03-02-2011, 12:22 AM
With gas prices going up lately and diesel as well that right there sounds amazing lol, I will say I havent owned a diesel truck yet but sure as hell is a dream of mine, I'm a sucker for diesel for some reason, my dream truck is a lifted diesel Ram, I want hopefully a 4th gen or 5th if its out by when I graduate and get a good paying job

I say go for it if the budget permits, that would be a damn sweet ride for the wife IMO

Sure is I just did the math and on one tank it should get about 645-675miles a tank!!! So for the family down south in stuart florida. It would only cost us 20-25 bucks to go there in back to see them. Instead of 75-85 bucks with the truck. Not to mention all the running around I do with the truck, I would take here car instead lol

I too love the 4th Gen Rams, but dont see myself getting into another high payment anytime soon. My buddy just got him a brand new ford f150 off the lot fully loaded and took on a payment of 600 a month!!! OUCH and not to mention another buddy of mine with a brand new 4th gen diesel fully loaded is paying about 1150 a month and he has good credit. :crazy:

car_enthusiast63
03-02-2011, 12:35 AM
Got Damn, meaning that with all the money you save you can mod her car and your truck a little more often lol

Ouch now that is freaking crazy!! Thats a serious chunk of cash for car payments, but you know what if they got the money more power to them cause if i got the cash to do so I would get it as well lol

03 Rammer
03-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Got Damn, meaning that with all the money you save you can mod her car and your truck a little more often lol

You got that right lol, not to mention save some money for other toys lol

Ouch now that is freaking crazy!! Thats a serious chunk of cash for car payments, but you know what if they got the money more power to them cause if i got the cash to do so I would get it as well lol

Yeah been there done that lol :)

txbass06
03-02-2011, 12:46 AM
My buddies mom had a '10 TDI jetta and LOVES it. I've ridden/driven it a couple of times and its a damn nice car for what they paid for it. Bought it brand new off the lot and has averaged 40+ MPG with mostly city driving

car_enthusiast63
03-02-2011, 12:52 AM
Thats pretty impressive gas milelage, and a diesel :hmm:

And yea saving money is always a plus, and more toys because of the savings is even better yet!!

NOTPAID4
03-02-2011, 12:58 AM
And of all the cars and trucks I've owned (over 300 in all), I have never owned a diesel. Did get to drive a full size RAM with a diesel once and gotta admit, I loved it!!! The torque was AMAZING!!!

03 Rammer
03-02-2011, 11:00 AM
And of all the cars and trucks I've owned (over 300 in all), I have never owned a diesel. Did get to drive a full size RAM with a diesel once and gotta admit, I loved it!!! The torque was AMAZING!!!

It would be nice if chrysler would push for the diesels more. I mean they have options for a diesel magnum, 300c, caliber, and patriot but they dont produce them here in the US. So far we have the diesel ram, liberty, and grand cherokee and soon to be out the diesel wrangler. I was reading on a site that the diesel 300c would get about 32+mpgs and the wrangler should get about 25+. To me this sounds like a no brainer but hey guess the top dogs at chrysler dont see that.

HammerZ71
03-02-2011, 05:39 PM
My cousin used to have an Isuzu P'up that was a little diesel with a stick shift. I remember in about '93 or '94 he drove from his place in South Carolina, picked me up in North Georgia and we went to a Braves game in Atlanta and back. I think it cost about $8 in fuel for the round trip. Granted, gas & diesel was a lot cheaper then, but still...

Fla 66 cuda
03-02-2011, 06:53 PM
When dodge was toying around with the idea of a diesel in a 1500 ram i was thinking of buying one but they put a dampner on that.

03 Rammer
03-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Well I have learned some issues on the 06+ Jettas that can be pretty pricey. So looks like I might want to get an exteneded service contract with which ever one I find. Not to many certified TDIs out there though...SIGH Found about 5 so far that are all possiblites from payments as low as 179 to 260 month. Hopefully things work out with atleast one of them lol

car_enthusiast63
03-02-2011, 11:39 PM
I wish you the best of luck on your search bud!! Hope you find a great one at the lowest possible price

OklaHemi
03-03-2011, 01:55 AM
those vw tdi's are hot. i would love to have one. go for it. 45-50 mpg stockand they look so bad ass. i love jettas

OklaHemi
03-03-2011, 01:59 AM
http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action?fuelTypeId=31766&sf1Dir=DESC&mkId=20089&mdId=21285&crSrtFlds=stkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId-fuelTypeId-yrId&rd=100000&zc=74055&PMmt=1-1-0&stkTypId=28881&sf2Dir=ASC&sf1Nm=price&sf2Nm=miles&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&yrId=20144&searchSource=GN_REFINEMENT&pgId=2102

what color you want? those are really reasonable for what you are getting. if i didnt have my mind set on a 370z nismo i would look into them. but fuck gas if i cant afford it ill sit in my garage and just look a my big bad ass hot wheels

03 Rammer
03-03-2011, 10:57 PM
I want to get a darker color, like the gun metal, dark blue, dark green and or maybe a silver. But not black too much keep up on black IMHO. Right now the max is 15K Anywhere from 11-13 would be right on. It would be nice if i could find a certified one or one with a exteneded service contract available.

So far 2 out of the 5 already sold. SIGH....

OklaHemi
03-03-2011, 11:20 PM
keep your head up and serch that link i posted its national. you may be able to find one 100 miles or so away

03 Rammer
03-03-2011, 11:56 PM
I found some on ebay. What is the deal on salvage rebuild titles. Can those be tagged and driven? Do any of you know if I can buy a used car then take it to the dealer and buy an extended service contract??? What Im thinking is buy a rebuild title VW then get a service contract. That way I come out around my budget price and would have contract for repairs

Any insight???

OklaHemi
03-04-2011, 11:07 AM
really dunno bud sorry

03 Rammer
03-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Well I got the wife a new car. But its not a diesel. The VWs I were finding were all either too much money or had too many miles and some of them had problems. Also I read on the VW forums about the major issues with the 06+ VWs which scared me away from them.
---Instead---
I got here a fully loaded Ford Focus SES. Dark red, black and silver interior, black leather seats, SYNC, ambient lighting, sunroof, spoiler, sport package the whole nine yards.

:)