View Full Version : Took my 05 R/T Chance for alignment & parts.

NOTPAID4
02-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Today I took my 05 Mag R/T (CHANCE) in for an alignment and to replace any worn out parts.

First, found out previous owner had replaced springs with MOPAR lowering springs and it appears no other new parts were changed.

Then on to checking the front suspension & found the following:

Both inter tie rod ends needed replacing.

Both Left & Right Stablizer bars needed replacing.

He then called and asked me which type parts I wanted. He could get some made in China cheaper or premium parts mfg. in the USA for a little more. I chose the premium parts ~ well worth the difference to me. He finished up @ 5:30 this afternoon.

Total cost incl. parts, labor, alignment & tax = $464.

I noticed a difference right away; front end felt so much tighter and the dreaded "clunking" sound is now gone.

Then I stopped to the wheel shop and picked up the 3mm wheel spacers I had ordered just in case I decide to put my Magnum SRT wheels on THIS CAR!

OH... and I just couldn't help myself... did a small burn out in front of my wife Tee even with the brand new Michelins. YOU see she was driving her car DEMON which is a 3.5L six cylinder. ~ LOL~

Onk
02-22-2011, 10:19 PM
I love when things are tight!!

AWE Daniel
02-22-2011, 10:25 PM
I love when things are tight!!

xx2 :pedobear:

SmokedRam
02-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Tight is right!!!

car_enthusiast63
02-23-2011, 12:19 AM
It feels so much better the tighter it is

car_enthusiast63
02-23-2011, 12:23 AM
That price sounds pretty good btw, and Ooo yea american made parts IMO are much higher quality, a bit more pricey but deffinitely much higher quality

NOTPAID4
02-23-2011, 12:30 AM
Glad I gotter' done and it really did make a difference. I really am surprised how nice this drives and how POWERFUL it is, especially with 148,000 miles on it NOW.

Tomorrow, Tee is taking her DEMON (06 SXT) to the stereo shop, her amp keeps cutting out ~ I personally know nothing about stereo installations!
(IMO, IF I had to guess, I believe its in the remote wire to the amp.)

hemidriver
02-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Good move skipping the "China" parts. I had no choice on my wifes Trailblazer. I had to replace damn near everything under that truck and had to get some China made end links because MOOG didn't have the part available at the time. Within a year one completely self distructed! Now MOOG makes the part so I went and replaced both on the front. Glad you got your ride driving good!