View Full Version : Cudas different direction

Fla 66 cuda
02-20-2011, 07:01 PM
After a long chat with my design team[my sons] we have decided to go in a different direction with the cuda. My boys feel that my personality does not fit into a spitshined show car sooooooooooooo the cudas going rat, basicaly the same as she is now but body work cleaned up satin black exterior, chrome stays as is, interior will stay about the same with black carpet and maybe shiney paint inside [color undecided],engine cleaned up painted proper color gaskets replaced and other exterior repairs no plans for rebuild at this time will see what the bottom end looks like when we remove pan to change gasket,engine bay will receve the most attention with shiney paint [same as interior] my suspension has been rebuilt already so have the brakes,we are also dropping the car approx 3 inches rear 1-2 in front. We have come to the conclusion that this will be the most effective way to complete this project in the least time/money way as possible.Besides i don't compete in huge car shows with it and in any form it's still unique.An engine buildup will be in the works at a later date.

AWE Daniel
02-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Thats the way to go, show cars dont get driven cuz people are afraid to get em dirty, at least this way you can drive it all you want :)

Fla 66 cuda
02-20-2011, 08:11 PM
That's the plan why spend a lot of money when for a little we can enjoy it more and not be worried that it'll get scratched.

BAD HABIT
02-20-2011, 08:30 PM
sounds good Lou...

OklaHemi
02-20-2011, 11:47 PM
going to be epic when you get done.

car_enthusiast63
02-21-2011, 12:54 AM
Sounds like great plans, that will look great

myoldfish
05-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Love the concept - looking forward to seeing it completed.

6pakattack
06-21-2013, 09:47 PM
Thats the way to go, show cars dont get driven cuz people are afraid to get em dirty, at least this way you can drive it all you want :)

I'll have to differ with that in our case !!The wife and I took a trip to the Mopar Southern Nationals in Valdosta ! She didn't want to trailer it,but drive there !!! Yes I know, we are the exception to the rule !!

Fla 66 cuda
06-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Well this is an old thread dug up from the dead, Lots of things have changed. You Dennis and your better half are true hobbiests these cars are ment to be driven and enjoyed,i think what Daniel ment was MOST people are afraid of rain,dirt,scratches ect. the true hobbiest thinks about those things as they are enjoying them [the car] I personally have a friend whom watches the sky and if one black cloud appears he's gone. Things have changed for my plans with my cuda at this point I haven't done anything and probly won't for awhile yet [can't afford it] but it's gonna be a shiney paint job cause I like shiney!!